Welcome to the New Tennis Year and thank you to all the members who braved the winter cold and turned up to play.
Hayes tennis Club
The top 3 courts were re-laid some 4 years ago and continue to play extremely well and remain the most used. While we are not planning to re-lay the surface on the bottom courts in the immediate future, we have removed the moss that has recently grown during the damp winter and they remain fully playable.
Thank you to the many members who have contributed to the club’s well being by playing social tennis; inter club matches and supporting the bar.
Last year the club were allocated 8 pairs of Wimbledon tickets by the LTA. Thanks to all members who opted in last year, and who have opted in again this year to help boost our allocation.
Finally we always welcome new members, regardless of playing standard. Throughout 2019, the club are offering a 50% discount on all membership fees for new members. Please invite anyone you know, who might be interested in joining, to come along to any club session and try us out.
Facilities for members are as follows:
- Six all weather courts, (top three with floodlights) all with the same type of artificial grass which provides a comfortable and consistent playing surface
- Regular ‘turn up and play’ club sessions where the emphasis is on friendly competition, with the added enjoyment of winding down with social drinks in the clubhouse bar
- Internal club tournaments that enable club members to compete against each other in events such as our popular American, Mixed and Vets tournaments, Singles / Doubles Box Leagues and the annual club tournament which takes place in June/July
- Club representative matches in the Kent and North Kent leagues. As always we have entered a variety of mens, ladies and . mixed teams to enable players to enjoy matches against other clubs
- Social Events which enable club members and friends to get together off the courts and participate in enjoyable lunchtimes and evenings
- The Clubhouse Bar remains central to all sections who share the grounds (rugby, cricket and our own tennis section) and offers terrestrial and Sky Sports channels available on 4 screens.
Hayes Tennis Club Clothing